Monday, February 13, 2012

Weight Lifting

First off, I want to say that I am just enjoying life right now! A lot of the time I don't know how I am going to make it through the day getting everything done that I need to, but apart from that stress I am doing just fantastically!

I ran across a video that I heard a long time ago in a devotional given by Elder Busche. The full text of the talk can be found here. It's my absolute favorite talk. ever. I've found a lot of comfort in those words during hard times over the past few years.



Ok, now that the serious stuff is over. I was thinking a lot about why I do the things I do. Like go to the gym. I go to the gym every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 3:00PM and lift weights with my buddy Eric. Why do I do this? I think about 10% of the reason I lift weights is to get in better shape. I could always use 2 more inches on my vertical jump or half a second off of my 40 yard time. I could use more arm strength for sports. So, 10% is basically for sports. What is the other 90%?

I want to look good ;)

Thats it. I just want to look good. I want people to look at me and think, "Dang, he's in shape!" Especially girls. I push myself to the limit all the time so that some girl some time might find me attractive. Haha, stupid I know.

But that's why a lot of guys go to the gym, not just me. I think over time that will change and I'll be going to the gym to keep my muscles moving and working right. But for now, I'll stick with this.

5 comments:

  1. First of all, that is my favorite talk in the whole world. I can't count the amount of times I've watched that video. And second, dang, you're in shape! for real. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WISH I WAS YOU.
    haha jk,

    but seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video was the BEST thing I could possible hear right now. Thank you for your testimony :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i am somewhat but not really creepily reading your entire blog right now. because I didn't throughout the semester. shame on me. but i want you to know that the end of that video really helped me as I am still struggling with walking away from freshman year. you are such an inspiring individual Bryant. I know I say that all the time to you, but every time I sincerely mean it. Also, Bryant, you are freaking hot. you DO look good, always. so. serious. SO. SERIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Thanks Kelley! Just wait til after this summer. I'm gonna look Good. With a capital G. Cuz I'm a G. Always glad you're my friend. <3

      Delete