Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Stories Continue

Part II: In the spotlight

I started a project when I got home. I decided to turn all of my home videos into digital files on my computer. I am working with old VHS tapes, 8mm video cassettes, and mini DV cassettes.

Small Cassettes

My Setup. Who still has a VCR??

VHS Cassettes
That has been really fun. Sometimes we have gathered as a family watching the videos and laughing or reminiscing about the past. Its a fine line between appreciating the past and living in it. Most of the time I try to appreciate it but every once in a while I let go and do my best to relive it. Here is a clip if you're up for watching :)




Ah, what a fun age :)

My really close friend Jordan and his love Shelby got their engagement photos. Aren't they awesome?

Nerdfighter Engagements
I'm so proud of Jordan.

I read the 3rd book of the Hunger Games series. Severely disappointing. If I could go back, I would not read that book. It's awesome until the last like 5-10 chapters. Don't do it.

I started work at Telect, Inc. last monday. I worked last summer for them as an intern and they let me come back again this summer. They are a great company with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Last summer I designed an enclosure for them, and last week they asked me to build one that was based off of my design that they had ordered in. It was insanely hard to put together!! 947 parts.


I hadn't done anything like it before. I sliced open my hand while I was using the rivet gun, which I had never used before. They had me wire the thing up for electricity too! I'm pretty proud of myself even though they had to lead me through it step by step. It's going to be a great summer working there!

ONE LAST THING I HAVE TO SHARE!!

The Jeep Wave.


Driving a jeep has it's benefits. One of them is the brotherhood of Jeep drivers that you become a part of. Whenever you see a jeep driving in the opposite direction you give each other the "Jeep Wave." I'm not making this up. This actually happens to me at least once a day. And I love it. People see us do it and laugh, but they just aren't cool. That's it.

Here are some closing quotes:

A guy at work was telling me that Engineers can get lost in their studies. He told me about an acquaintance of his that got his PhD in Grass Seed and was the foremost expert in the field on grass seed. He then told me "You don't need a PhD to grow grass. You need water to grow grass." Pretty profound.

Saw a quote at work: "If you want to be unloved and forgotten, be reasonable." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. BRYANT YOU PUT PUZZLES TOGETHER FOR A LIVING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I get to do the Jeep wave? Or is it only for wranglers?

    ReplyDelete