Saturday, January 21, 2012

FROLF 4 LIFE!!

I had the SWEETEST experience yesterday! I got an email from the co-captain of the Ultimate Frisbee team at around 3:00 calling a throwing practice at 9:30 PM. We all met at the Law Building parking lot and they told me that instead of regular practice we were going to be playing Frisbee Golf on a course that they had come up with that makes a circle around campus. Each hole was going to be 4 or 5 par and there were some trick skill shots for bonus points. We started by the Heritage Halls Central Building and threw between Harris Hall and Horne Hall, through the parking lot, and to a sign at the opposite corner by Carroll hall. I mapped the course out below:


You know how you come out of the Marriott Center and go through the tunnel to get back onto campus and it Ts off at a fence? My favorite hole was throwing it from that fence over the road below and into the fountain outside of the ASB building. I put it in blue above. I can't even begin to express how awesome it was to chuck the disc and see it float over the road and all the cars below and into the field on the other side.

You know those raised cement circles between the JFSB and the Indian statue? One of the trick shot bonuses was to throw the frisbee into one side of it, have it go all the way around the circle on the wall, and catch it when it comes out the other side. At least 4 of the guys got it too!!!

This is by far the best thing I've done on BYU campus. It was SWEET!!

Oh, and I got -2 on the course :)

1 comment: