Monday, January 16, 2012

A Serious Post... Mostly

So I am totally involved in our Broadbent 23 Madden 10 tournament as the Tennessee Titans and today our regular season opened as I snagged a victory over the New England Patriots (Monica) 28-10. I suck at video games, so that was pretty lucky!! Oh, and I hugged someone for over 4 minutes today, just to make sure people who have claimed to do it (...cough cough...Rob) were legitimate. Lets call it my own version of Myth-busters.

I miss Steven Baird.

Now for the serious stuff. Some things that happened today really blew me away. I am always trying to make my life feel full and rich. This explains why I suddenly decide to rearrange the furniture in my room every month and a half or so. This also explains why I volunteer every week at the BYU Special Olympics practices. This also explains why I try to be involved in several sports at once. Last week I "tried out" for the BYU Ultimate Frisbee club team. It is so amazing to push myself to the limit with frisbee. We had practice at 10:00 AM and I had a blast. I was really blown away with how free I feel on the field. I feel like I could chase frisbees down all day every day. I don't know what it is, but taking off and having someone throw the frisbee up in the air to chase down and feeling my lungs burn liberates me. It was quite an experience.

I'm also blown away with how awesome it is to build strong relationships with people. I'm talking about relationships that get to the inner part of who you are and where you feel comfortable sharing that part of yourself with this other person. I wish there were more people I could have this kind of relationship with. I've come to find that it's like a puzzle pieces: sometimes no matter how you rotate the pieces they won't fit together. You just need the right combination.

Just felt in the mood for some seriousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment