Friday, January 27, 2012

Funstuffs

So my very first Ultimate Frisbee match is tomorrow morning! We scrimmage the Killjoys, who are alumni of the BYU Destroying Angels frisbee team and BYU that have formed their own club team. Its going to be two games to 13 win by two. I'm pretty dang nervous because I'm still trying to get the offense down. Maybe I'll play, maybe not. At any rate, its exciting!!






I had a freaking legit workout this morning with my buddy Eric (an RA from another building here in Heritage). We hit the gym at 8 and went hard until 9:30 hitting basically muscle group. Our goal was to make ourselves so sore that we wouldn't be able to walk home. Now that I think about it, its a good thing we didn't achieve that goal; I don't think spending the day in the Smith Fieldhouse is my idea of fun. I love how I feel after a good workout. You can feel the blood is pumping through your veins and you that, even though it hurts, your body needed it. Then you chill out and recover and build the muscle back so you can tear it down again.

I'm about to go to an interview with Venture Pest Control for a summer sales job. For me this is the chance I need to ask all sorts of probing questions and get my fears on the table. I swore to myself that I would never do summer sales, but I've been going through some pretty hard economic times lately, and I desperately need a good job. If someone can promise me $30,000 for a summer's work then I need to at least look into it. That's all I'm doing though, nothing more. No commitments today.

Also, I programmed a website really quickly for an introduction assignment in intro to computer programming and numerical methods class. Here it is: http://et.byu.edu/~rboyer2

In summary and foreshadowing, I'm excited for three things:
1) Ultimate Frisbee in the snow
2) Our new apartment blog: http://mimasboys23.blogspot.com
3) The posts that we are individually and collectively writing to post this weekend. They are going to be GOOOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment